thoughts on our Calendar

From: Noa Resare
Subject: thoughts on our Calendar
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:01:57 +0100

While looking into fixing some problems with SimpleDateFormat I had a
closer look at our implementation of java.util.Calendar and
GregorianCalendar.

There are lots of things that is broken so instead of beginning with
trying to fix whatever I run into I have created a couple of test cases
for mauve that tests various aspects of Calendar behavior. The tests are
in mauve/gnu/testlet/java/util/Calendar/set.java

Does anyone work actively on Calendar/GregorianCalendar? If so please
drop a line so that we can synchronize before I start to look at solving
the problems that I have "created" :)

I will not spend any time working on this for another week or so, so if
there is anyone else that wants to beat me to it, please go ahead.

cheers/noa

--
nuclear cia fbi spy password code president bomb
F3C4 AC90 B885 FE15 344B  4D05 220B 7662 A190 6F09