Re: address@hidden: JLS 3rd Edition]

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: Re: address@hidden: JLS 3rd Edition]
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:24:34 +0100

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 08:41 +0200, Michael Koch wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> just in case someone is interested.
>

> Michael
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Ranjit Mathew <address@hidden> -----
>
> From: Ranjit Mathew <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Date:  Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:59:54 +0530
> Subject:  JLS 3rd Edition
>
> Hi,
>
>   FYI, the 3rd Edition of the Java Language Specification
> is now available as a PDF in:
>
>   http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/
>
> They say that the dead-tree version would be released
> sometime in June 2005.
>
> The VMSpec has not yet been updated to a third edition
> but important updates can be found in:
>
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/vmspec/2nd-edition/jvms-maintenance.html
>
> Ranjit.
>
> --
> Ranjit Mathew      Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com
>
> Bangalore, INDIA.    Web: http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/
>

> ----- End forwarded message -----

These have been available a while (I used them for the new grammar for
gjdoc, and the extended class file parsing for jamvm).  The latter
reference does give a link to an updated version of the class file
format, which includes all the annotations, type variables, etc. (as
flags and optional sections, so as to give backwards compatibility)
--
Andrew :-)

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint)
attachments.

No software patents in Europe -- http://nosoftwarepatents.com

"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn."
-- Richard Stallman

public class gcj extends Freedom implements Java { ... }