Re: address@hidden: JLS 3rd Edition]

From: Ranjit Mathew
Subject: Re: address@hidden: JLS 3rd Edition]
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:16:25 +0530

Andrew John Hughes wrote:
>>  FYI, the 3rd Edition of the Java Language Specification
>>is now available as a PDF in:
>>
>>  http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/
>>
>>They say that the dead-tree version would be released
>>sometime in June 2005.
>>
>>The VMSpec has not yet been updated to a third edition
>>but important updates can be found in:
>>
>>http://java.sun.com/docs/books/vmspec/2nd-edition/jvms-maintenance.html
>>
>>Ranjit.

[...]

> These have been available a while (I used them for the new grammar for
> gjdoc, and the extended class file parsing for jamvm).  The latter
> reference does give a link to an updated version of the class file
> format, which includes all the annotations, type variables, etc. (as
> flags and optional sections, so as to give backwards compatibility)

If you're talking of the JLS, AFAICT, the 3rd Edition has
been released quite recently (perhaps just this week). Before
this, there was only a JLS maintenance page where the new
features were described:

  http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/jls-maintenance.html

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew      Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.    Web: http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/