Re: Eclipse broken with 0.16

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Eclipse broken with 0.16
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:21:10 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 11:34 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Mark> Sigh. My apologies. I had tested against 3.1-final and I hadn't seen
> Mark> this failure. Chris said he had some extra fixes, but I didn't wait for
> Mark> them for the release since I thought they were only for the transform
> Mark> part. Seems I should have.
>
> Mark> Workaround: Don't exit eclipse. See, it is just emacs :)
>
> How about doing an immediate 0.16.1 or 0.17 release instead?

Lets sit on that during the weekend.
I don't think it is very release critical.
But that is because I didn't see it during our release testing.
(Which might mean that we need better release testing. But we tested a
lot for this one on a lot of applications including Eclipse.)

As our announcement said please use Eclipse packages from your favorite
distributor. They do provide support and patch Eclipse to actually
integrate better with the rest of the system. I doubt many people run
"bare eclipse" on "bare GNU Classpath".

But lets see how many bug reports we have on Monday and decide then.
Alternatively we can do a 0.17 at the end of the month instead of doing
it in two months. Normally integrators deal with these kind of issues.
But we should make sure the "critical patches" are easily available of
course (Chris, which of your patches is the 'essential' one?).

Cheers,

Mark