Re: additional 16x16 Metal icons

From: Roman Kennke
Subject: Re: additional 16x16 Metal icons
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:20:41 +0200

Hi theUser (what is your real name btw?)

At first, thx to Tom, for the answer to my last postion "Metal icons".

But are drawn 16x16 icons needed?

Generally, we have most of the icons that are needed atm, which is not to say that we are complete with icons. There are a lot of things missing in Swing and in the future we might need more icons for sure.

So I have created
http://www.theuserbl.ag.vu/GNUIcons.jar

If you want I can try to integrate my icons in MetalIronFactory.

This would indeed more useful.

> But the 16x16 icons as result are the same like Suns one. They are
pixel for pixel the same.

As long as your code is really done by yourself this should be no problem.

I have only doing that, because the Classpath 0.17 icons are Sun icons, too.

That is not generally true, but in the case of Metal I try to come close to the Metal look and feel, which is documented here:

http://java.sun.com/products/jlf/ed2/book/index.html

If you really want to contribute stuff to GNU Classpath, you should look at these pages:
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathFirstSteps#head-8bcf049fdf56f07b25964f6c52dd751634cf4782

Most importantly, we would need a copyright assignment from you, since this cannot be considered a minor contribution that we accept without assigment.

Regards, Roman