Re: [cp-patches] Re: Help needed to persuade apaches about the Classpath

From: Meskauskas Audrius
Subject: Re: [cp-patches] Re: Help needed to persuade apaches about the Classpath license: Maven does not deal with CORBA, just uses OpenEJB.
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:57:10 +0200

Building Geronimo and analyzing its source code revealed that this large application does not use CORBA directly at all. All CORBA uses, including references to the proprietary com.sun.corba package, come from the OpenEJB project (http://openejb.codehaus.org). It seems to be a completely independent project. If I am not mistaken, to replace Sun CORBA completely by Trifork donation, Geronimo should keep and maintain they own version of OpenEJB.

I will try to talk with OpenEJB, but from the downloaded source code I see that OpenEJB needs org.omg.PortableInterceptor, the last missing CORBA package. Completing the interceptor is the first thing I should do.

Audrius.