Re: Mauve results

From: David Gilbert
Subject: Re: Mauve results
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 21:26:17 +0000

Roman Kennke wrote:

I also fixed a painting issue that kept the JUnit testrunner from beeing
usable.

I think Swing is in a releasable state, so lets go!

/Roman

I've found a good free-swing candidate to work on for the next release cycle:

http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/

This is a really useful tool for finding common bugs, I've run it a few times on my own projects and it always highlights something that needs fixing.

Anyway, the Swing GUI is a shade more complex than the JUnit TestRunner, but not so complex that we don't have a chance to get it working. It uses the JFileChooser (so that will give me something to focus on with the patch I've been working on), some menus that could be tidied up, some custom tree cell rendering, some layout issues, but already looks like it is not far short of doing something useful. The only downside is that it uses HTML for some output...I guess we won't get that to work in the short term.

Thoughts anyone?

Regards,

Dave