Re: Asking our experts on Swing.

From: Thomas Zander
Subject: Re: Asking our experts on Swing.
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 16:53:47 +0100

On Thursday 03 November 2005 01:03, Meskauskas Audrius wrote:
> The JTextArea is cleared after sending the message by
> JTextField.setText(''"). After I call this method in our Classpath, it
> refuses to accept any keyboard input, despite I see the cursor.
> Experimenting, I tried to call JTextField.setText(".....") instead. In
> this case it was possible to enter the text inside the dotted area (the
> dots were shifting to the right as expected), but not possible to enter
> any additional text after clicking outside the dotted area (but still
> inside the text input field).

Sounds like an off by one error in the Document that is used, or in the
code that calls it.
First of all; check if there is a custom made document being set on the
textfield in your code and otherwise print the document and start
debugging from there

System.out.println(textfield.getDocument().getClass().getName())

Maybe add some debug code to the doc's
public void insertString() method.

Hope that helps.
--