Security manager problem

From: Gary Benson
Subject: Security manager problem
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 16:14:28 +0000

Hi all,

I'm having security manager problems, with JamVM at least.  Various
initialisations happen the first time a permission is checked,
including java.security.Security's <clinit> method which reads the
provider files $vendor.security and classpath.security.  By this time
you are most likely running under a security manager, so if that
doesn't allow those files to be read then you get SecurityExceptions
you weren't expecting.

It's not the only thing: if java.util.logging wasn't initialized then
that's when it'll initialise.  That reads a bunch of system
properties, which again will cause SecurityExceptions you weren't
expecting if your security manager doesn't allow you to read system
properties.

I have a workaround in my local mauve, but it's not a proper fix.
Trouble is, I can't quite see what a proper fix would be or where it
would go.  Any ideas?

Cheers,
Gary