Re: Security manager problem

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Security manager problem
Date: 06 Dec 2005 11:21:19 -0700

>>>>> "Anthony" == Anthony Green <address@hidden> writes:

Anthony> It's been a long time since I've read anything about this
Anthony> kind of stuff, but my understanding is that you simply wrap
Anthony> things like this up in a AccessController.doPrivileged(),
Anthony> since the access control context of the bootstrap or system
Anthony> class loader will permit file I/O.

Yes.  Finding and solving all the instances of this problem in
Classpath is, unfortunately, a good part of the required security
work.  If you dig around a bit you'll find other places where this
treatment has already been applied.

Tom