builder setup

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: builder setup
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:40:05 +0100

Hi all, Hi list,

builder.classpath.org seems to shape up nicely.

There were 3 reboot last night. I assume that was Jim doing a Xen
upgrade?

There were a couple of issues with email (the scripts now fake the
envelop sender with sendmail to look like emails come from
developer.classpath.org) that I have asked the gnu.org sysadmin to look
at (we had the same issue with developer.classpath.org in the past,
gnu.org thinks it handles all of classpath.org, but developer and
builder are special).

I tweaked the Ecj script that Anthony contributed a bit (also created a
toplevel Nightly/ecj dir that the script expects to be there) and
together with Tom debugged gcjx a little. The script now builds/runs 5
versions of ecj:
- build ecj bytecode with gcj -C
- build native ecj with gcj
- build ecj bytecode with gcjx
- build ecj with jamvm using gcj bytecode version
- build ecj bytecode with native-ecj
There should probably be a jacks run added to check that
ecj-built-by-ecj version is completely sane. The produced ecj hasn't
been wired into the other build/check scripts.

I currently have a screen session running with one screen doing:
source setup; while true; do Everything; Report Idle; sleep 3600; done
(The sleep is there to prevent builder going insane and spamming
classpath-testresults with failure messages.)
And another doing:
source setup; cd Nightly;
gij -cp /home/cpdev/ircbot/pircbot.jar:/home/cpdev/ircbot/cpbot.jar
gnu.classpath.ircbot.Main
(irc seems a bit flaky so sometimes our little bot needs to be restarted
by hand)

I haven't figured out how to easily share this screen setup. Screen
seems to not like being run from a sudo su cpdev session :{
Any hints or tips appreciated.

There is no real web frontend yet, but I did do:
ln -s /home/cpdev/Nightly/CurrentStatus /var/www/index.html
so you can see what builder is doing by looking at
http://builder.classpath.org/

I am planning to create a new builder module in mauve to more easily
share the code next week with others as soon as we are reasonable happy
about the current script setup.

Cheers,

Mark