Re: builder setup

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: builder setup
Date: 20 Dec 2005 09:17:33 -0700

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

Mark> And another doing:
Mark> source setup; cd Nightly;
Mark> gij -cp /home/cpdev/ircbot/pircbot.jar:/home/cpdev/ircbot/cpbot.jar
Mark> gnu.classpath.ircbot.Main
Mark> (irc seems a bit flaky so sometimes our little bot needs to be restarted
Mark> by hand)

Could we change the bot to restart itself on failure?

Mark> I haven't figured out how to easily share this screen setup. Screen
Mark> seems to not like being run from a sudo su cpdev session :{
Mark> Any hints or tips appreciated.

Instead of screen we could run it in the background, and provide a
couple scripts to start and stop it.  We could also add an '@reboot'
cron job to make sure it starts when the machine is rebooted.

Mark> I am planning to create a new builder module in mauve to more easily
Mark> share the code next week with others as soon as we are reasonable happy
Mark> about the current script setup.

The scripts could use a serious scrubbing.  Let's do that after they
are in cvs though.

Tom