Re: Swing-based AWT peers

From: lsantha
Subject: Re: Swing-based AWT peers
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:28:41 +0200 (EET)

Hi Roman,

You might want to know that I and Ewout Prangsma have implemented a Swing
based AWT peerset for the JNode project. I know it still needs lots of
improvements, refinements and bugfixes but many things work in it already.
For instance the majority of feautures in the AWTDemo from Classpath work.
So the idea seems to be working, so far.
In fact these peers go a step farther than what you've described in your
email, because even the frames and dialogs are based on Swing in this
case. We are using the JDesktopPane and JInternalFrame for this and we
have the seeds of a whole startmenu and taskbar based desktop working at
some level already in JNode, where you can start simple AWT and Swing
based applications and work with them. All this is very alpha and
experimental yet and I'm sure even the painting and event hadling can be
improved. I just wanted to let you know about it just in case you are
interested. Maybe we can collaborate...

Cheers,
Levente