classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] tracing, debuging and logging

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] tracing, debuging and logging
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 18:57:48 +0000

>is there an adopted package/framework among this group for the above?
>if no; any objection to using log4j?

What I'd prefer is if we could use the new 1.4 stuff... but since no
free software project is developing the logging stuff for Classpath or
Kaffe we can't really do that.

In the circumstances I see no real problem  with using log4j, as long
as you don't extend it and are prepared to replace it with a 1.4
dependant logger when a free one becomes available.

Nic

PS Many people mutter mutinously about the current 1.4 logging API, it
is widely disliked and hopefully will be replaced with something more
popular.