classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Bug in JAF 1.1 (ObjectDataContentHandler)

From: Archit Shah
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Bug in JAF 1.1 (ObjectDataContentHandler)
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 09:30:19 -0400

Chris Burdess wrote:

I think it would be better to drop 1.0 in favour of 1.1. The latter is completely backward compatible with the former.

I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately, JOnAS needs to use 1.0 version of the API in order to be 100% compatible with the J2EE specifications. I believe this issue was uncovered by the certification process they are using. The additional methods caused a failure. I guess something is testing for what version of the Javamail API is being used.

 -- Archit