Library installation issue

From: F. Schoenahl
Subject: Library installation issue
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:38:44 +0100

Dear all,
I am now using cons in a simple tree project like that
        Construct
        Root
                Conscript
                Dir1
                        Conscript
                Dir2
                        Conscript
I use a build statement like

build qw (
        Root/Conscript
        Root/Dir1/Conscript
        Root/Dir2/Conscript
);

In the top level Construct file.

I don't understand how I can monitor the installation of my binaries. A library
is generated in the root dir, and its installation requires not only the
library itself, but the headers, C++ templates, and an additionnal
lib/pkgconfig directory. Finally, the structure of the installation directory
is different from the structure of my project.
Here is the question:
        How do I trigger the installation process? (not found command line
options for that)
        How can I generate the library if all objects are stored in their
respective directories?
I have tried to Link my Root dir to an empty linux/ directory, but the all
files (including *.C sources) are copied into this directory, so this should
not be the right method.

Thanks for your help. I must say that I don't have understood how installation
works from the (otherwise good) document provided with Cons.

By the way, it would be great to have examples of constructs ready to download,
it would avoid the usual syntax errors we do when not familiar with perl ;)

Best regards, txs for your help,
Fred