RE: Request for comments: CONS specification

From: Søren Mou Jakobsen
Subject: RE: Request for comments: CONS specification
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 17:46:29 +0200

>I'm not sure if qs should be the core of the new Cons. I want to design
>entirely from scratch a new Cons, and then build the code in respect to
>the specification. The latter will include a documented API to link an
>interface to the core system. If Qs could be modified to expose this
>API, or if a Cons-API front-end could be written for Qs, it could at
>least be an alternate core.

>If Qs meets the specifications of the internals of the Cons core, we can
>try to use it as the main core.

Basically I agree. Lets continue fleshing out the specification for the core
API. If qs meets the requirements (most likely with modifications) then
fine. If not, we'll build something from scratch. Either way I'll be willing
to pitch in.

>But all authors must agree to licence their code in a GPL-compatible
>manner, if not in GPL.

Currently, qs is under the artistic license as perl itself.

Søren