Re: I don't want to learn python for my makefiles or cons development (a

From: Erik Wasser
Subject: Re: I don't want to learn python for my makefiles or cons development (again) or future of cons (again)
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 11:05:08 +0200

On Friday 05 May 2006 18:32, you wrote:

> I'm afraid cons really is at the end of it's life.  It's been tried
> to resuscitate it several times with no luck.

Are you still interested in bringing it back to life? You call me in.

> If you don't want to
> learn python to use SCons, maybe learn ruby to use Rake?

Sad story. That confirms my fears that this project is dead (in this
special case) and it confirms my fears that perl might be only "The
glue of the internet" but not more. There are only a few projects
written in perl that are bigger than a single script. In comparison to
a lot of CMS written in PHP for example.

(I know that cons is written in a single script but only because of the
decision to make the life easier for the user).

> http://rake.rubyforge.org/

Thanks for this. I knew a little ruby (but more than python) so I think
I will take rake instead of scons. (If we don't bring cons back to
life.)

--
So long... Fuzz