Re: [GNU/consensus] fsn qualifiability parameters

From: hellekin (GNU/consensus)
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] fsn qualifiability parameters
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 19:10:37 -0300

On 03/14/2013 09:48 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> I sort of like this ... to my mind a free social network is an extension
> of the concept of freedom of thought.

*** I don't understand the concept. It sounds like a pleonasm to me.
When a society is free, the social network is free. Calling the social
network "free" sounds like admitting defeat and accepting the normality
of a social network under control of... Whom exactly?

> One should be able to communicate uninhibited from constraint and also
> with the access policy under your own control

*** Indeed.

> Need to take those principles and codify them, but it's not always easy!

*** Especially with the constant attacks on freedom and privacy that are
pushed by corporate lobbies and the tenants of a society of control.

> i consider the application's terms of use as a important aspect
> of the fsn beyond software and apis.

*** If the software is free, terms of service should become less
relevant, or even irrelevant, or did I miss something?

==
hk