[GNU/consensus] Announce: Glance 1.0

From: carlo von lynX
Subject: [GNU/consensus] Announce: Glance 1.0
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 11:12:29 +0100

GNU Glance 1.0
reddit, ycombinator, schleuder and many more.

Each participating node evaluates ranks for each participant
and posted message according to its perception of the social
graph and its judgement of the writers combined with their
published evaluations of each contribution. This allows to
walk into a debate and get a reasonably fair impresssion of
the state of discussions and the relevance of each contribution
at a Glance.

Of course, as with any distributed PSYC pubsub channel, all
communications and evaluations are only available in the clear
to the actually participating people. Glance allows for the
creation of a pseudonymized web publishing gateway.

Prerequisites for installation:
------------------------------

- GNUnet 3.3.1
- Secushare 2.1
- GNU Consensus 1.2

Comment:
-------

Just saying that we could be using Glance instead of this lousy
old mailing list technology if instead of discussing overly
complex and hard to maintain federation architectures we were
just focusing on getting our distributed social backend running
which allows for amazing apps which were previously only possible
in a silo setting (slashdot etc). Or have you seen any of the
federated social web projects develop something like Glance in
the past decade?