Re: [GNU/consensus] [SocialSwarm-D] Announce: Glance 1.0

From: Andreas Kuckartz
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] [SocialSwarm-D] Announce: Glance 1.0
Date: 1 Dec 2013 12:59:26 +0100

hellekin:
> On 11/29/2013 08:37 AM, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
>
>> I doubt that vaporware is a usable discussion platform for
>> anything.
>
> *** I think it's pretty good.  A fresh look at things, eh?

It might be an interesting project idea, but it was not presented as
such. I would have liked to think about the project idea instead of
wasting time to find out that it was a non-existing project based on
other non-existing projects. That this non-existing project was used
in an attempt to attack federated social web communities certainly did
not help to improve my opinion.

>> Please do not waste the time of readers of the mailing list with
>> something like that again. It is annoying and wasting peoples'
>> time.
>
> *** You're free to disagree, but anyone looking at the version
> numbers would figure out, like you did, that it's "future".

"anyone" ? This SocialSwarm mailing list consists only of insiders
knowing all relevant version numbers ? (If yes, then this would
illustrate a fundamental problem of the whole approach.)

I first considered the strange GNUnet version number to be either the
number of a GNUnet subproject or a result of a typo.

Anyway, at least one other subscriber of this mailing list obviously
took the announcement at face value and asked for the source code. So
it was no longer a matter of opinion but fact when I posted my comment.

And yes, I spent time to find a software named "GNU consensus" because
I though something like that _might_ exist.

And now have wasted even more time on this fake announcement.

> I'd rather think harder on the upcoming meeting in Hamburg and see
> what we're going to do there, because the global situation is, er,
> warming, and free software still is a marginal idealist--as in
> broke--section of technological innovation.  So the idea would be
> to "give each other advantages" to cite rms, instead of regarding
> each other as competition, or worse.

+1

I have seen the suggested "criteria" sent by Carlo yesterday. I will
reply to that separately.

> [0] http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bitcoin-dark-wallet [1]
> http://c4ss.org/content/22338

Thanks for the links.