Re: [GNU/consensus] [SocialSwarm-D] NSA Viewed Favoribly By Young Online

From: hellekin
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] [SocialSwarm-D] NSA Viewed Favoribly By Young Online Surveys
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 12:29:38 -0300

On 02/05/2015 12:04 PM, carlo von lynX wrote:
> http://yro.slashdot.org/story/15/01/31/1423250/the-nsa-is-viewed-favorably-by-most-young-people
>
> NSA, a black hole from which the light of truth never escapes.
> NSA, a black hole from which the light of truth never escapes.
> NSA, a black hole from which the light of truth never escapes.

*** FWIW, Le Monde released a poll favorable to more surveillance in the
aftermath of the Charlie Hebdo massacre.  Unsurprisingly, people in
their majority responded positively to increasing security: that's
called an emotional response, and that's very well documented
everywhere.  That is a field manual example of the Shock Doctrine at
work.  We should never lose sight of how the power is seizing any
opportunity to move its agenda forward to more control in society.  More
control means harder response from opposing forces, leading to more
terrorism, and therefore more control freak show.  It's an arms race,
and its logic is flawless.

"The only winning move is not to play."

Fortunately, as in the deterrence doctrine, building up muscle and
showing off claws and teeth usually works up to a point.  Unfortunately,
we're on the defending side, and don't make much of a deterrent threat
to anybody: we just want to enjoy reading comics while taking a dump,
and that's hardly a deterrent, unless you got yourself drunk eating lots
of meat and drinking hardcore beverages, then you might qualify for
chemical weapon.  Otherwise, we're left without an inch of maneuver
against a power gone out of control.

*

Back on topic, I have an issue with Tox implementing WebRTC support: the
protocol completely disregards the privacy issue of disclosing the peers
real IPs when connecting them to each other, especially as the
rendez-vous is a third party.  It seems like a protocol design coming
straight out of Fort Meade.

==
hk