Re: [GNU/consensus] [RFC][SH] User Data Manifesto

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] [RFC][SH] User Data Manifesto
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 21:38:42 -0500

"Complete control over all your data" is very abstract, and very
broad.  Are we talking about the data that YOU are keeping?  Or
personal data in the possesion of services you use?  Or other
data about you that various systems have collected?

We should test these proposals against some specific cases to see if
what they would require would be sufficient for those cases.

Looking at the specific points, some seem to be for cases where you
use a service to store your data in, while others seem to be meant
for services you use.

--
Dr Richard Stallman