crack-attack-devel

Re: [crack-attack-devel] Hello, it's me.

From: Andrew Sayman
Subject: Re: [crack-attack-devel] Hello, it's me.
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 13:18:56 -0500

Miguel Angel Vilela wrote:
> Hello, I am miguev.

Glad to hear from you.

> Thanks a lot :-)
>
> I wrote that patch for music and sound effects two and a half year ago,
> when I was too addicted to Crack Attack so I wanted for play with sound
> and couldn't wait anymore. But I wrote this code before learning C++
> (I only had learnt C), so I'm afraid it was quite buggy.
>
> Nowadays I'm not addicted, but in risk of return to be.
> Got only 709 y normal mode. Don't dare to play X mode.
>
> However, I got very happy when noticing you have continued my little work
> and this is --partially-- why I'm very thankful to you.
>
> I borrowed the sounds from gl-117 (most of them) and from lbreakout2.
> The music I use is the Unreal Tournament 2003 BSO, but I'm afraid it's not
> freely distribuible. That's why music use to be in ~/.crack-attack/music/

That's good to know. The patches are now mainline, but not officially supported.
Essentially, the features work as you programmed them, but we haven't written
docs on how to use them and don't officially distribute any sounds.

I'll take a look at those projects and see what licensing terms we need.

> BTW, my name is miguev, not Miguev (which already belongs to a character).

Oops, I'll fix that soon.

> I think I will hardly be able to collaborate with Crack Attack just now,
> but I'd like to try whenever I got the time.

You're welcome whenever you're available.