crack-attack-devel

[crack-attack-devel] [bug #15721] Running a server from GTK+ with debug

From: Andrew Sayman
Subject: [crack-attack-devel] [bug #15721] Running a server from GTK+ with debug enabled causes lockup
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 05:37:34 -0500

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: lorien420
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

When running a server from the GTK+ front-end, the game will lock up after a
few seconds. The backtrace implies that the game-process is waiting for some
sort of I/O signal from the GTK+ process. It's not clear entirely what's
going on here, but it could be some of the console flavored output is
screwing up the GTK+ code we've written. It could also be that our handling
of GIOChannel is just wrong and it only comes up when we're pushing tons of
text.

The general solution to this is going to be taken from the Mac Crack Attack
people. I'm gonna make an Alert or Output class that can more intelligently
handle the style of output we're looking for.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=15721>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/