dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] 2.0.3-pre2 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] 2.0.3-pre2 posted
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 15:17:13 +0200

Hi,

I have just posted a new pre-release of Dazuko. This includes support for Default Capabilities under Linux 2.6. The "capability" module itself does nothing more than hooking LSM calls. Now Dazuko can do this so that the "capability" module is no longer needed. Dazuko only does this if it is configured to support Default Capabities:

./configure --enable-default-capabities

Just as the "capability" module requires the "commoncap" module, Dazuko also requires the "commoncap" module if Default Capabilities is enabled.

modprobe commoncap

I have updated the FAQ to discuss this.

http://www.dazuko.org/faq.shtml#8

Thank you Jürgen for your help on this issue. Although this does not solve all our Linux 2.6 LSM problems, it should allow most people to move to Linux 2.6 without problems with Dazuko.

Amon Ott from RSBAC will be providing a scaled down version of RSBAC that only supports Dazuko. This should make it very easy for people who want to use Dazuko with Linux 2.6. After all, the hooks in RSBAC are much more powerful and broad than those in the Linux 2.6 LSM.

Aside from the Default Capabilities stuff, I have also fixed the problem with Dazuko not compiling with ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED enabled on Linux 2.2/2.4 and FreeBSD 4. Thanks Alberto for pointing out the problem.

On another note, I have been made aware that there are two new language ports of the Dazuko interface: PHP from Oliver Welter and Perl from Gerhard Sittig.

Over the next few weeks I hope to get them moved into the official package. More languages are always cool!

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer