dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] 2.1.0-pre4 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] 2.1.0-pre4 posted
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 00:35:24 +0200

Hi,

Pre-release version 2.1.0-pre4 has been posted. This version includes many new features and extensions. Most notably are:
- support for 64-bit kernels with 32-bit applications
- support for trusting related processes in the trusted application framework
- daemons may call exec without generating events for their own group

All features for the 2.1.0 release have now been established. I will using the next few weeks to "spread out" the features. For example, the new extensions to the trusted application framework have only been implemented for Linux 2.2/2.4. Moving these features over to the other platforms will be fairly simple, since most of the work has been implemented in the core. I hope to be able to release 2.1.0 sometime in June.

I have also begun work with DazukoFS using FiST. I have successfully created a proof of concept (exactly like the one I had in August 2004) but using Linux 2.6 instead of FreeBSD. As suspected, the FiST project would not work with current kernels. I was able to fix this, but there are some other bugs in FiST that are causing problems. DazukoFS is planned for Dazuko 2.2.0 with pre-releases showing up this summer. Our first main goal is to get Dazuko for Linux 2.6 away from LSM. The other platforms are not as urgent because Dazuko works so well with the system call table. However, it is our intention to eventuallly move all platforms to a DazukoFS base.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer