dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] 2.1.0-pre4 posted

From: Sami Tikka
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] 2.1.0-pre4 posted
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 13:51:34 +0300

On Saturday 14 May 2005 01:35, John Ogness wrote:
> Our
> first main goal is to get Dazuko for Linux 2.6 away from LSM. The other
> platforms are not as urgent because Dazuko works so well with the system
> call table. However, it is our intention to eventuallly move all
> platforms to a DazukoFS base.

Could you remind me (in case it has been discussed and I have forgotten) what
was the reason to base the Linux 2.6 version on LSM instead of system call
hooking?

I have done some experimenting and it seems I can hook system calls under
Linux 2.6 just the same way as it is done in Linux 2.4. The sys_call_table is
not exported but the code in dazuko_linux.c seems to be able to locate it.

-- Sami