dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] Re: dazuko gentoo package

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Re: dazuko gentoo package
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:30:25 +0200

Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> Currently I need to do the following:
>
> ./configure
> make
> cd library
> make
> cd ..
>
> Why didn't you add the library to the default build?

I don't know. Is that necessary? Most people want to install the device
driver, not the userland library. Should the example programs also be built
by default?

> There should also be make install for the library...

Different systems prefer 3rd-party libraries (and kernel modules) in
different directories. Rather than "making a mess" I decided that the user
would have to install it manually.

I would like to have a "make install" but have not yet decided how that
should work. I am open to suggestions (for the library as well as the kernel
module).

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer