dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] nullfs 0.0.2 posted

From: jim burns
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] nullfs 0.0.2 posted
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:21:43 -0400

On Sunday April 27 2008 09:04:09 am John Ogness wrote:
> I have posted version 0.0.2 of nullfs. Other than cleaning up the
> appearance of the code a bit, the only real change is support for
> Linux 2.6.25. This new version will _only_ work with 2.6.25 because
> the nameidata struct was changed in the newest kernel. Unlike my
> previous efforts with Dazuko, I will _NOT_ support every kernel
> version available. I will only support the latest stable release from
> Linus' kernel tree. This is important for me because I want the code
> to be ready for merging into mainline at all times. (That wouldn't be
> possible if the code was filled with tons of ugly ifdef's to cover
> every version.)

Well, that lets me out on fedora 8, which is still on 2.6.24, or SuSE 10.3,
which is on 2.6.22. I could test it on my Fedora Rawhide (currently 9.01) xen
domu tho'.

I haven't downloaded the code yet - waiting for it to be integrated into a new
3.x release. Looking at your fstab, the question comes up does nullfs  have
the same problem 3.0/Fist had that you can't overlay '/' because of 'init'?