dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] DazukoFS 2.3.5/0.0.3 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] DazukoFS 2.3.5/0.0.3 posted
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 22:32:18 +0200

Hi,

I am pleased to announce that I have posted a new development version
of DazukoFS. This version is simply a 1:1 merge of Dazuko 2.3.5 and
nullfs 0.0.3.

This means that all the features (and behavior) of Dazuko 2.3.5 are
also available in this version of DazukoFS. That includes full path
name resolution. So it should work perfectly with all existing
Dazuko-based applications.

The module should build without any kernel patches. As listed on the
website, it is intended for use with Linux 2.6.25.

To explain how the two work together: Dazuko thinks that it is using
LSM, but it is actually being called from a callback within nullfs.

If you want to try this module, it is important that you do _NOT_ have
any other Dazuko version loaded on your system. Please be aware that
nullfs is still considered experimental.

This is actually quite an exciting moment and represents the coming
together of plans and development from the past 4 years. Although we
still are not yet where we want to be, this new module is finally
solid proof that the project is moving forward (in the right
direction).

The next goal of the Dazuko project is to get nullfs into mainline.

John Ogness

P.S. I know FreeBSD users are feeling a bit left out of the plans at
     the moment. However, Dazuko on FreeBSD has not been victim to the
     many technical and policital issues that have plagued Dazuko on
     Linux 2.6.

--
Dazuko Maintainer