dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] DazukoFS 2.3.5/0.0.3 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] DazukoFS 2.3.5/0.0.3 posted
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:04:37 +0200

On 2008-06-19, jim burns <address@hidden> wrote:
> I hoped (in vain) that this would compile under a lower kernel
> version, since my SuSE 10.3 system (2.6.22) can be considered
> non-production, but it failed on structure members missing.

Since there were some changes to the VFS API in Linux 2.6.25, you will
most certainly need to have this version.

> Any plans to support earlier kernels?

I can understand your request, but it is something that I do not have
plans of doing. I need to focus the limited time I have on pushing the
project forward. And this really means getting Dazuko mainline. (The
roadmap on the web site shows pretty clearly where we're going.)

Since versions of Dazuko exist that work with Linux 2.6.22, the only
real work would be getting nullfs to compile on Linux
2.6.22. Actually, this probably isn't very difficult. (Perhaps the
nullfs 0.0.1 version worked.)

I really don't have time to download, compile, install, and test for a
2.6.22 kernel. But if you told me which nullfs and dazuko versions
compile on your machine, I could probably throw together a dazukofs
for you.

Older versions can be found here: http://dazuko.dnsalias.org/files/

John Ogness

--