dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] Re: [Dazuko-help] v3.1.1 causes system hangs & crashes on

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Re: [Dazuko-help] v3.1.1 causes system hangs & crashes on kernel 2.6.31 (Debian Etch)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 14:44:00 +0200

On 2009-10-18, Bobyr Raisa Efimovna <address@hidden> wrote:
>> You forget to mention if the included test program works
>> successfully. This is an important part of making sure DazukoFS is
>> working. Please try the included test program _before_ trying any
>> other Dazuko-based software.
>
> Checked. The test programs runs OK.
>
>> Could you provide similar information about your system?
>
> kernel: vanilla 2.6.31
> arch : i386
> h/w :m/b ASUS P5KC, C2D E8400, 2x1G DDR2, Maxtor 500G/32M attached
>      to on-board JMB363 SATA in AHCI mode
> distro: Debian 5 (lenny/stable) 32 bit
> filesystem: ext3
> video: Nvidia GF9500 + proprietary drivers v.185.18.36
> AVIRA: the latest version + latest updates (used to keep the cure CD
>        up-to-date)
>
>> And most important, does running the test program cause the same
>> problems (when AVIRA is _not_ running)?
>
> Not, it doesn't.

So when the test program is running, you are able to log in, start the
web browser, etc, without any problems?

> PS: But AVIRA isn't the only troublesome piece, WEB-browsers don't
> start as well for cache in a dazuko mounted directory. And after
> reboot, Xorg crashes on attempting to start - black screen with as
> stopped mouse cursor, locked keyboard with blinking
> CapsLock+ScrolLock.

It sounds like when you do the test program, you are only using a test
mountpoint of DazukoFS (as stated in the README). Could you mount all
the DazukoFS mounts you normally would mount and run the test program?
That should cause the same log in and web browser problems.

It would be helpful if we could reproduce the problem without AVIRA
running. If DazukoFS is mounted on /home and you run the test program,
it should trigger the same problem.

Could you also list which directories you are mounting DazukoFS onto?

$ grep dazukofs /etc/fstab
$ mount | grep dazukofs

And I assume you are indeed using DazukoFS 3.1.1:

$ dmesg | grep dazuko

> Unfortunately, me don't know now to provide the kernel crash info
> since any console i/o isn't possible when kernel crash.

The kernel crash shows the stack trace. It would be helpful if you
could at least write down the function names in that trace.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer