ddd

Problems with DDD on Linux

From: Jan Vogelbruch; ZEL ; 2335
Subject: Problems with DDD on Linux
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:56:37 +0100

Ladies and Gentlemen,

we're using ddd version 3.0, distributed with SuSe Linux 6.1 to debug
programmed and additionally linked extensions and functions for an image
develeopment tool (SCIL_Image). Before the startup of the tool, it first
requests a license from a license manager on port 13579 of the machine.
Using gdb command line based works fine with the programm (also as other
graphical frontends as kdbg, xxdbg, but these are much more poorer in
flexibility) and produces the following initial output waiting for
further interactions:
------------
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/vogelbr/myscilimage/Linux/scilimage

SCIL_Image 1.4.1

Hello, Welcome to SCIL_Image

[C1]
------------

Trying to debug the executable with the ddd frontend for the gdb results
in the following error message (on the debugger console) and the
programm hangs:

-------------
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/vogelbr/myscilimage/Linux/scilimage

SCIL_Image 1.4.1

Hello, Welcome to SCIL_Image

strcpy (dest=0xbffff054 "", src=0x0) at ../sysdeps/generic/strcpy.c:34
../sysdeps/generic/strcpy.c:34: No such file or directory.
(gdb)

Can you please help us to solve the problem as the data structures we
have to observe are very complex for command line debugging. BTW we also
compiled the newest version 3.2.1. of ddd on our system and this
produces the same problem.

Thank you in advance.
With our best regards, Jan Vogelbruch