ddd

Problem displaying objects using STL containers

From: Frank Way
Subject: Problem displaying objects using STL containers
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:19:46 -0500

Hello all,

I have seen a recent posting on this subject on the list, which didn't
generate any answers.   Hopefully, someone can help with this.

I'm running Solaris 2.7, DDD v3.2.1, and gdb 4.18.  Using g++ to compile and
link my stuff.

I've got a very simple, in fact EXTREMELY simple program that uses STL
strings and vectors.  DDD will NOT display any type of string object (or
vector object).
Further, if I have an object that contains strings or vectors along with
other regular data (ints, longs etc) nothing in that object will display.
DDD says the display has been disabled to prevent infinite recursion.  If  I
try to print the object, I get an error:

{static npos = Cannot access memory at address 0x0.

However, running DDD V3.2.1 on Mandrake Linux 7.1 (not sure the version of
gdb), these objects will display fine.

Any ideas (aside from checking the version of gdb on the Linux box and
upgrading gdb on Solaris if needed).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated....

Thanks,
Frank

Frank Way
Activis USA.