ddd

DDD - win32 - bandwidth - wdb

From: Rosenzweig, Daniel Z (Dan), NNAD
Subject: DDD - win32 - bandwidth - wdb
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:40:42 -0400

First, is there a win32 (NT/9x) binary distribution available (asked before
- never seen answer)?
I really don't want to start fiddling with Cygwin. Do Cygwin created
executables need Cygwin to run them?

Secondly, I want to do remote debugging. Have the UI on my PC and the
debugger/program on a HPUX server. I used to use dde using Reflection on my
PC. How will the bandwidth compare when using DDD to control a remote
debugger (downloading source code to display etc)?
Are there ways of adjusting performance vs bandwidth?

Thirdly, on HPUX 11, they use Wildebeest, which is based upon gdb. Will DDD
work with it?

Lastly, how does DDD compare with GVD?

Thanks
Please CC reply to me.