ddd

Problems Visualizing Data

From: Walter Picco
Subject: Problems Visualizing Data
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 11:40:09 +0200

I'm encountering big problems visualizing Data with DDD.
I have installed the semistatic version of DDD 3.1.6 on my RedHat 6.2 distribution (running on Intel Pentium II) using an RPM package (ddd-semistatic-3.1.6-1.i386.rpm).
The installation is successful and the program works fine: I can open a program, debug it step by step... (DDD is _very_ useful!), but the system crashes when a variable is displayed on the Data Window. Most of the time clicking on the "Display" button the rectangle with the variable and its value appears in the Data Window, but then the mouse remains fixed on the screen, and it's impossible to change console (the keyboard and the mouse seem dead): the only way to continue is to reset the computer (I don't know other ways). Sometimes it's possible to visualize 3 integers, but after some seconds the system craches in the same way described before.
I have installed the static version of DDD 3.1.6 (using RPM) also, and the "common" (not semistatic nor static) DDD 3.2.4 (this last RPM was built precisely for RedHat 6.2) in different times (to avoid conflicts between different versions) and I encountered the same problem.

I'm trying to install DDD 3.3.1 from source to overcome all this things, but it seems that it does not recognize the LessTif libraries (in fact I have no file named Xm.h after having installed LessTif 0.92.95 using a RPM package: this can be a problem?). But the LessTif are installed on the system (in fact the RPM version of DDD 3.2.4 starts, and it's requires these libraries!).

Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance,
<Walter Picco>