ddd

ddd-3.3.1 crashes when used by an user

From: Massimo Alonzo
Subject: ddd-3.3.1 crashes when used by an user
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 16:03:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hello all,

I'm experiencing a strange problem with ddd-3.3.1; when I use it as root
it works fine (it's great) but when I login as user it crashes really
often.

I must use it as user.

In detail:
Os: RedHat 7.1
gcc: -2.96-85
lesstif: 0.92.32 (compiled from sources)
java: jdk-1.3.1-fcs (sun)
gcc: gcc-3.3.1.tar.gz;  compiled from sources (./configure;make;make
install)
source language: fortran

to compile my sources I use:
g77 -g source.f

Some examples:
--ex 1--
as root-

1) open program
2) run

"please insert......"

as user-
1) open program
2) run

[tcsetpgrp failed in terminal_inferior: Inappropriate ioctl for device]
[tcsetpgrp failed in terminal_inferior: Inappropriate ioctl for device]
[tcsetpgrp failed in terminal_inferior: Inappropriate ioctl for device]

"please insert ......." & crash

--ex 2--
as root-
1) open program
2) run
3) some operations ... breakpoints etc..
4) interrupt
ok

as user-
1) open program
2) run
3) some operations ... breakpoints etc.. (often crashes)
4) interrupt
crash - always

I think that permissions are the problem but I don't know how to solve it.

Can someone help me?

Thank you

Massimo

--

Massimo Alonzo                   System powered by
address@hidden             Linux >RedHat 71<