ddd

RE: DDD does not step thru programs properly

From: Liefer, David K
Subject: RE: DDD does not step thru programs properly
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:45:43 -0500

One other thing I forgot to mention is that our application linked with Ada
code. The Ada linker we are using is capable of linking C code with Ada
code. I was assuming the information would be irrelevant since the debug
symbols are embedded during compile time and we have clear lines of
execution. Another words once control has been given to C/C++ code there is
no jumping back and forth between C/C++ and Ada. Although we are using a Ada
run time system which could be screwing DDD's abitlity to halt the program.
In the past we have been able to use xxgdb under the same circumstances and
it worked just fine other then some documented xxgdb problems. I appreciate
the quick response but we don't have the option of doing a static link under
the Ada linker. If anybody has any other ideas it would be appreciated.
Thanks.

                                           Dave Liefer
                                           Embedded Software Engineer II
                                           The Boeing Corporation - Missile