ddd

DDD does not step thru programs properly

From: Liefer, David K
Subject: DDD does not step thru programs properly
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:12:35 -0500

Hi, I work for the Boeing Corporation. Presently we have upgraded from xxgdb
to ddd version 3.2. Unfortunately ddd is not stepping through any of our
programs. DDD appears to stop when it hits a breakpoint but that's where
proper operations ends. Once the breakpoint is hit I try to step through the
code and it appears to stay at the same line of execution in the source
file. DDD is running on our HP servers running HP-UNIX version 10.20. The
compiler we use to compile our software is g++ (using gcc version 2.95.2).
The -g flag is set to include debug information when compiling. Here is a
listing of the compiler options set when we compile:

g++ -c -ansi -Wall -g -funsigned-char -fconserve-space -DHP_PLATFORM -I.
<<source filename>>

I have ran the -check-configuration utility in ddd and everything returns
back normal. I am at a loss. Do we simply need to download and install the
new version 3.3 because version 3.2 had this bug? Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks.

                                 Dave Liefer
                                 Embedded Software Engineer II
                                 The Boeing Corporation - Missile Systems
Software