ddd

Re: DDD question

From: J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
Subject: Re: DDD question
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 18:46:24 +0200

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 09:12:32 -0400, Ken Tam wrote:
> My guess is DDD is designed for 32-bit, and it can run on 64-bit machine but
> cannot read core file (generated by 64-bit Unix machine).  Am I correct?

No. DDD is essentially a wrapper around a debugger such as gdb
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/gdb.html); it will happily work with core
files generated on 64-bit platforms running in 64-bit mode as long as the
underlying debugger does. For example, DDD works just fine on Alpha
architecture GNU/Linux systems with gdb as the underlying debugger.

HTH,
Ray
--
I've just been spammed by gardening-online.co.uk - now i'm wondering if
Agent Orange is licensed for use against spammers?