ddd

Problem loading a program for debug

From: Steven M. Wheeler
Subject: Problem loading a program for debug
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 21:22:33 -0600

I know someone must have encountered this one before.

I just downloaded, compiled, and installed ddd-3.3.1. Previously I have used xxgdb.

The problem: I thought a good start would be to debug hello.c. So I wrote a quick one, compiled it, typed ddd hello and got a message saying that ddd could not find init.cm, which its looking for in the current directory. I clicked OK and thought I would see my source code. Nothing. Go to the File->Open Source and can't find my hello.c file in the list. Try to reload the program and I get the same error. So I am getting nowhere fast.

So, what I am missing here?  Anyone know?

--

Thank you