ddd

python and DDD

From: Norm Matloff
Subject: python and DDD
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:13:50 -0800

Does the DDD debugger interface really work with Python?  I've seen
several postings on the Web in which people asked this, but there never
seems to be an answer.

I'm using the recommended

    if __name__ == '__main__':
       main()

and invoking DDD with the --pydb option.

I can set breakpoints successfully but DDD skips right over them.
Actually, it is pydb that is skipping right over them, as I found when I
ran pydb from the command line instead of through DDD.

I'm using DDD 3.3 and Python 2.2.1.  The ordinary pdb works fine.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Norm Matloff