ddd

Re: python and DDD

From: Christian Monfort
Subject: Re: python and DDD
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:44:59 +0100

Norm Matloff wrote:

> Does the DDD debugger interface really work with Python?  I've seen
> several postings on the Web in which people asked this, but there never
> seems to be an answer.
>
> I'm using the recommended
>
>     if __name__ == '__main__':
>        main()
>
> and invoking DDD with the --pydb option.
>
> I can set breakpoints successfully but DDD skips right over them.
> Actually, it is pydb that is skipping right over them, as I found when I
> ran pydb from the command line instead of through DDD.

If pydb cannot stop at you breakpoints, then there is no chance DDD could
do it as it is a GUI over the debugger; DDD just "drives" the debugger and
displays returned data in a more good-looking manner.
You have to make pydb  work alone _before_ it can work with DDD. (maybe
there is a bug in the pydb version you are using - check if there is an
upgrade correcting this).

CM