ddd

[ ddd-Feature Requests-737839 ] Improve the generic interface to debugge

From: SourceForge.net
Subject: [ ddd-Feature Requests-737839 ] Improve the generic interface to debuggers
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:21:42 -0700

Feature Requests item #737839, was opened at 2003-05-14 21:21
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=357500&aid=737839&group_id=7500

Category: Framework
Group: None

Initial Comment:
From:    "R. Bernstein" <address@hidden>

The whole internal organization could be improved. It
was easy to
add bash debugging, an example of adding a new
debugger. But I was
amazed and appalled at how many files and places inside
the file I
had to change. What simplified things for me was that I
basically
made the bashdb interface copy gdb. And over time for
better ddd
support I've just had to make bashdb more like gdb even
though I
think some of its interfaces and messages a little odd
and even
inappropriate for a shell debugger. Another idea is to
have some
sort of well defined internal interface.

This would involve major changes. Just writing a
document describing
what has to change or simplifying that I think is
major. Don't
expect you or anyone else to do, but it should be said
for those
who might want to add yet another debugger.