ddd

RE: Suggestion: array-of-structures slices

From: Atwood, Robert C
Subject: RE: Suggestion: array-of-structures slices
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:25:33 -0000

You must have read my mind, I would like to see this feature, I often found
it useful in cvd debugger (only) on an SGI machine; but in my understanding
-- would this not require the feature to be implemented in the underlying
debugger? the command  display address@hidden is a gdb command; and ddd somehow
gets the output of it and puts it into the display right?

If the underlying debugger would return that slice could DDD display it?
Is there an existing (underlying) debugger for linux/gnu platform that does
this?
Should this be a question on the gdb project list?

Thanks
Robert