ddd

Re: Unresolved reference: XtR6ShellStrings

From: Tim Mooney
Subject: Re: Unresolved reference: XtR6ShellStrings
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:45:29 -0600 (CST)

In regard to: Unresolved reference: XtR6ShellStrings, Ernie Smallis said...:

>Have installed the DDD 337 package and when running DDD
>I receive an error indicating that XtR6ShellStrings is
>an unknown symbol referenced from DDD.

Where did you get the package?  You mention SunOS 5.5.1 -- was
the package built for 5.5.1, or was it perhaps built on some newer
version of Solaris?

>1.  DDD is not referencing the symbol.
>
>2.  XtR6ShellStrings cannot be found anywhere in any library
>to do with X11 or Xt.
>
>I did find XtShellStrings in versions of X.
>
>I am running SunOS 5.5.1 with maintenance at HW 97.
>I have installed the latest libraries for a number of
>DDD / X11 related components in /usr/local/lib.

What does ldd report on ddd.  That will tell you what libraries the
loader plans on using.

>Trying to get DDD to work is the most annoying experience
>I've ever had.

You've never tried to build GNOME, have you?  ;-)

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              address@hidden