ddd

Arrow "->" Does Not Appear For Current Source Code Line

From: Manoj K Sharma
Subject: Arrow "->" Does Not Appear For Current Source Code Line
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 13:33:23 +0530

Hi,
I am trying to put a setup where I can debug Linux Kernel and Kernel module using KGDB. I have followed all the steps required to install and use KGDB. I use DDD as front end for this debugging setup. I could set the breakpoints and do other operations like data display etc successfully using DDD. Every thing seems to be working fine except the few things listed below...

* The source file is not shown in the window as soon as breakpoint gets hit. It takes few instructions executions to show up. * Once the source file is shown, I can see the breakpoint displayed there in red colored icon, But I don't see current source line indicator "->" appearing there. * As I step over instructions I see source lines appearing in command line window before every instruction execution. But current source line indicator (->) and scrolling of source code does not happen in source code window.

Problem seems to be with DDD and not GDB or KGDB. I am using version 3.3.8 of DDD.

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Manoj Sharma