ddd

Re: Arrow "->" Does Not Appear For Current Source Code Line

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: Arrow "->" Does Not Appear For Current Source Code Line
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:37:57 +0200

Manoj K Sharma wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to put a setup where I can debug Linux Kernel and Kernel module using KGDB. I have followed all the steps required to install and use KGDB. I use DDD as front end for this debugging setup. I could set the breakpoints and do other operations like data display etc successfully using DDD. Every thing seems to be working fine except the few things listed below...

* The source file is not shown in the window as soon as breakpoint gets hit. It takes few instructions executions to show up. * Once the source file is shown, I can see the breakpoint displayed there in red colored icon, But I don't see current source line indicator "->" appearing there. * As I step over instructions I see source lines appearing in command line window before every instruction execution. But current source line indicator (->) and scrolling of source code does not happen in source code window.

This last problem is almost certainly caused by the output of kgdb differing slightly from that of gdb. Try using "--trace" and see if
you can see where ddd's doing the wrong thing with kgdb's responses...