ddd

Re: a new python debugger for ddd

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: a new python debugger for ddd
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:44:58 +0200

Nir Aides wrote:
Hello,

I am about to release a new GPL python debugger.
This debugger is more advanced than any other python debugger written in python.
   - from x4 to x20 times fater than pdb and pydb
   - breakpoint in valid lines only
   - thread support
   - manipulation of local and global variables.

I would like to make it compatible with DDD.
I saw there is already a DDD compatible python debugger called pydb.
But I could not find any documentation on the communication between DDD and pydb.

Where can I find information about this subject?
Who in the DDD group can I correspond with on this matter.

Thanks,
Nir

Communication between DDD and all its underlying debuggers is done
via tty redirection.  The best way to find out what's being sent and
received is to run DDD with --trace.

Andrew.